Friday, June 13, 2008

How to write a novel

I wrote three novels before I got a nibble from a publisher. Several people have asked me how I managed to keep myself motivated, pushing myself to finish each one without any guarantee my work would ever be published. There's no secret sauce, I'm afraid - it very much depends on your personality and how determined you are to see things through to the bitter end.

So, what does it take to write a novel? Only five or ten percent of those who embark on the process end up with a finished draft, and while I may not be an expert I can at least share the experience from the perspective of someone who has done it before. I can't promise these tips will work for you, but they might work for the next writer to come across my web site and they certainly work for me.

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: