Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Writing a book

Dear Bob ...

Have you ever written a non-fiction book? I want to write about a relatively rare condition that I have, and one that is usually a fatal disease. I'd like to write about living with it and the effects of it. I've never written anything substantial but want to do so now.

- Wanting to write

Dear Wanting ...

I'm impressed that you'd want to try an endeavor like this. The answer is that I have - I've written eight and published four. Thus far.

I haven't, however, written anything so specialized, or so personal.

The first question to ask yourself is whether you want to write it without first having a publisher commit to it. The general rule (I'm told) is that when dealing with publishers, fiction requires a manuscript; non-fiction requires a proposal

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: