Thursday, March 19, 2009

Writing Magazine Articles

Public Speaking is one of the greatest fears most people have. In order to overcome mine I joined a Toastmasters club. I not only became a confident public speaker; I learned many tools for effective speech writing that are also helpful in writing.

The purpose of this article is to explain how speech writing taught me structure. Writing a speech is not very different from writing an article. When addressing a live audience, you practice vocal tone, grammar, body language and your appearance. Lucky for me no one sees me when I m writing!

Structure is important when writing a speech or a piece that is going to be read by someone else. Ideas need to flow logically and naturally from one idea to the other. Sentences open your thoughts in a logical flow as thread in a sweater. A paragraph should contain one complete idea. One helpful suggestion is to read your article aloud after you've written it. Does it sound like it flows in a logical and interesting way? Would you be comfortable reading it to an audience?

Read More Article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: